Squeeze is a powerful automation feature, designed to turn tables faster and make busy shifts even busier! What you previously could only do by phone, Formitable now does for you.
The widget shows end times to guests to ’squeeze’ in more guests.
What is Squeeze?
Squeeze means a shortened reservation which is placed before another reservations. For example:
- Your restaurant opens at 6 p.m.
- Your regular booking duration is 4 hours (i.e. guests will have the table all night if they book in time)
- Your Squeeze time is set to 2 hours
- Let's say all tables are fully booked, some starting at 8 p.m.
- Formitable will automatically squeeze in extra shortened reservations between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m.
A very powerful feature on busy days!
Edit your Squeeze times
Go to Settings > Shifts to edit your Squeeze times. Formitable lets you set Squeeze times per day and shift. So, if your team is up for it in the weekend, try minimizing your Squeeze times to maximize your table revenue! Setting your Squeeze time from 120 minutes to 90 minutes can make a huge difference.
Your guest will know
Formitable communicates the end time in three different touch points in the customer journey:
- In the booking widget when choosing a time
- In the summary of the check-out screen of the booking
- In the reservation confirmation (and reminder) e-mail
Train your team
As a host you need to recognize squeezed reservations, to align expectations with guest if needed. You' ll see a squeeze symbol In Table view and List view .
Use colors for extra highlighting!