Is your restaurant working with a Lightspeed cash register? The integration between Formitable and Lightspeed helps you to work more efficiently and get to know your loyal customers even better.
- Synchronize your reservations to always have your availability up to date and prevent being overbooked.
- Pre-payments and deposits paid by guests are automatically deducted from the final bill.
- Receipts are saved within the reservation in Formitable, helping you to build a stronger relationship with your VIP’s and returning guests.
- If you use takeaway, your new orders will automatically appear in Lightspeed and roll off your kitchen printers.
📌 Before you install the Lightspeed app, please make sure that your email address and phone number are filled in under Settings > Restaurant. Lightspeed needs to get in touch with you!
⏳ After you have installed the Lightspeed, please be patient for 1-2 business days. Typically within this time, you will first receive an email from Lightspeed asking you if you give consent that Formitable gets access to your Lightspeed account. Once you reply to this email, the Formitable IT team will receive the technical information from the Lightspeed team. We then finalize the integration on our end.
💡 Please note: Reservations are synchronized every minute between Formitable and Lightspeed. If you move a receipt in Lightspeed it might take a little while before you see the change in Formitable.
Enable the integration and choose what it should do for you
- In Formitable, go to Apps. Scroll to the Lightspeed app and select Install.
- Click on the Lightspeed app and select Settings on the left side.
- Choose which things you want to have automatically done. See below.
- Click on Save settings.
- Please wait 1-2 business days for Lightspeed and Formitable to finalize the integration before you can synchronize your tables and products.
What can be done automatically for you
- Create walk-in (if no booking is found in Formitable). When you open a table in Lightspeed and there is no reservation within the match deviation time (see below), we will create a walk-in in Formitable.
- Check-in reservations (when working in Lightspeed). When you open a table in Lightspeed, we look for a reservation in Formitable within the match deviation time. If one is found we will check it in for you in Formitable.
- Create an order on check-in (when working in Formitable). When you check-in a reservation in Formitable, we will create an order in Lightspeed on the corresponding table for you.
- Match deviation. This is the wiggle room for finding reservations in Formitable. If guests often arrive 15 minutes early or late, use 20 minutes deviation. If it happens that guests appear 30 minutes early or late, choose a higher number like 40 minutes.
- Create a takeaway order (beta). When a guest places a takeaway order via Formitable, we will create this order in Lightspeed so it can be printed with your kitchen printer.
Synchronize your tables and takeaway products
If you want to see all your Formitable reservations and takeaway orders in your POS, you need to tell the two systems what belongs where.
- For reservations, each table in Formitable needs to be linked to the right table in Lightspeed. With the Sync POS tables function at Settings > Tables, you can assign a Formitable table to each table in the POS system. We tell you here in detail how this is done.
- For takeaway, each product in Formitable needs to be linked to the right product in Lightspeed. With the Sync POS products function at Products > Takeaway, you can assign a Formitable product to each product in Lightspeed. Read here how you can do this.
After you have finalized the integration, you are all set! 🎉
⚠️ Help! - I get an error when I click Sync POS tables / products button
"500 - An internal server exception occurred. If this problem persists, please contact Formitable"
This error usually means that there is no connection yet between your POS system and Formitable. The two systems can't talk to each other yet.
If you have just installed the Lightspeed app in Formitable, please wait till Lightspeed gets in touch with you and give consent for the integration if they ask for it.
👋 Is the problem not solved within 1-2 business days? get in touch with our support team via chat or firstname.lastname@example.org.