Do you want to seat guests from a reservation on a different table? No problem! In the overview, you can change tables either by dragging the reservation or by manually selecting a different table.
Option 1: Drag & drop in the table view
Go to Overview > Table view to drag a reservation with your mouse to another table.
📲 Mobile: On mobile or tablet use two fingers to activate dragging reservations.
📌 Expert tip: When you drag, the reservation the arrival time will remain the same, so you won't make any mistakes. Hold the SHIFT key to drag the reservation to another starting time.
Option 2. Manually select tables in the reservation details
- In the Overview, open a reservation, click on the current table number in the reservation details.
- The table overview folds out. From this overview, you can easily add or remove multiple tables. Check the color indicators green (free) and red (booked) to avoid overlapping reservations.
📌 Expert tip: 'Select all' lets you select an entire area in one go!
Solve conflicts for overlapping reservations
Are two reservations overlapping and showing up in red? To help you with fast reservation management, Formitable shows you four options to solve the problem.
- Swap. Switch the two reservations with each other. This does not always solve the problem.
- Reschedule. Let Formitable do the thinking for you. An empty table will be automatically selected.
- Squeeze. Shorten the end time of the first reservation so it fits with the beginning of the second reservation.
- Undo. Undo the initial table change that caused the conflict.
❓ Is the conflict menu not showing? Click on the little ❗ icon on the red reservation.