This article explains how you can embed the Formitable widget on your WordPress website. This will only take a few minutes and doesn't require any coding skills.
📌 Two things to keep in mind:
- Administrator rights
To install the Formitable WordPress plugin you need to be logged in with a user that has an administrator role.
- Restaurant UID (Unique Identifier)
To connect the plugin to your Formitable account you need your restaurant UID.
Installing the WordPress plugin
- Log in to WordPress and go to the Plugins section.
- Choose Add New and search for "Formitable Development Kit".
- Install the plugin and click Activate. (The widget won't be visible yet.)
- Go to Settings > Formitable to set up the behavior and appearance of your widget.
- Paste your restaurant UID. You can further customize the widget with the settings below.
Overview of all widget settings
- Analytics. Enable analytics to track the activity of your widget.
- Active. Enable to make the widget appear on your website.
- Toolbar. Show a fixed "Book a table" button in the right bottom corner of your website.
- Toolbar (on mobile). Show a fixed "Book a table" button in the right bottom corner of your website on mobile devices.
- Open widget on load. Choose "yes" to make the widget instantly appear or choose a "delay" in milliseconds. Select "no" to keep the widget hidden.
- Color. Choose the accent color of your widget. (HEX / RGB)
- Language. Choose "Nederlands", "English" or "Auto" for automatic detection.
- Tag. Add a tag to make tracking the source of your reservations with analytics easier.
- Is the widget not visible on your website? Check if the widget is set to online.
- Do you have multiple restaurants? Learn how to place the widgets of multiple restaurants onto a single website.
- Placing buttons for tickets, gift vouchers, and takeaway? At Widgets > configuration page in the section anchors, you can find all the info you need.