This article explains how you can embed the Formitable widget on your Squarespace website. This will only take a few minutes and doesn't require any coding skills.
📌 Squarespace business account: It is not possible to add the reservation widget to your Squarespace website on a personal plan. You need to have a business account subscription.
Placing the widget on a Squarespace website
- Log into Formitable and go to Settings > Widgets.
- Open the configuration page. On this page, you can customize the widget and generate the embed code that you need to add to your Squarespace site later on.
- Log in to Squarespace and select your website.
- Navigate to Settings > Advanced > Code Injection.
- Copy the code from the configuration page and paste it in the FOOTER code area and. Press Save to make your widget visible on your website.
What can you change on the configuration page?
- Select a color to match the style of your website.
- Choose when the widget should appear for visitors.
- Choose whether the toolbar with the reservation button should be visible.
- Enable the analytics module to track your widget. (See our analytics guide to learn more.)
Place buttons on your site with a call to actions
Whether you chose to make your widget hidden you might want to create a button to open the widget. This can be done easily in Squarespace with the following steps.
- To create a new button in Squarespace choose ADD BLOCK and choose Button.
- Enter #ft-open in the URL field.
This works the same way for text links. After applying your changes clicking the button will open the widget.
- Is the widget not visible on your website? Check if the widget is set to online.
- Do you have multiple restaurants? Learn how to place the widgets of multiple restaurants onto a single website.
- Placing buttons for tickets, gift vouchers, and takeaway? At Widgets > configuration page in the section anchors, you can find all the info you need.